Since 1978, our mission has been to promote an environment of goodwill and prosperity among businesses, residents and civic organizations in the greater Hewitt area. We strive to foster, protect and promote the commercial, industrial, civic, agricultural and general interests of the Hewitt community. As of now, the Chamber represents 19,000 jobs and 35+ local non-profit organizations, with $70,000 awarded to local students through the Greater Hewitt Chamber Scholarship Fund since 2008. Click here for hard-copy application.
The #1 action you can take to see the largest return on your Chamber membership is to attend Chamber events. The GHC on average hosts 7-10 events per month with attendances of 50-60 at luncheons and 3,000-5,000 at community events. It only makes sense that the more you attend, the more connections you’ll make, and the greater the likelihood you’ll be top of mind for referrals. The Greater Hewitt Chamber offers more than 70 events each year, and the strength of our organization rests in these relationships. The more members get to know one another, the stronger our Chamber, community and local economy become. Click here for our events calendar.
Through networking events, the Greater Hewitt Chamber plays an active role in helping me establish relationships in our business community. Teaming with a resourceful and well-connected Greater Hewitt Chamber better positions us in achieving our mission and vision.
My husband, Mike and I have owned Mr. Electric for 21 years, and we have been a member of the Hewitt Chamber almost that long. I became a Chamber Ambassador in 2008 and a board member in 2009. The Hewitt Chamber has been extremely helpful in promoting our business, and has offered us numerous networking opportunities and ways to market Mr. Electric. Every member is made to feel special — you will never get lost in the shuffle here!
As a member of the Greater Hewitt Chamber, I always refer to the business directory on their website. I look for other members of the Chamber for help with projects— whether they are for my home or work. The business directory is a wonderful tool, and I encourage all members of the Chamber to seek out other members when you need something. That’s what the Chamber is all about.
# of Members
Average # of Events Each Year
Scholarship Dollars Awarded
Benefits by Cost
With affordable rates, we offer opportunities for every budget! In addition to these opportunities, studies also show that if customers know that your business is a member of a local chamber of commerce, you will enjoy a:
- 49% increase in your consumer favorability rating
- 73% increase in consumer awareness
- 68% increase in your local reputation
- 80% increase in the likelihood that consumers will patronize your business in the future.
FREE WITH MEMBERSHIP
• GHCOC logo use for marketing and branding credibility
• Your organization listed in print & website directories
• Promote specials & events in e-bulletin & on our social media
• Include items in Welcome Bags distributed to new residents (coupons, postcards, promo items, etc.)
• One-time Member Spotlight in Hewitt Express magazine
• Job postings on website
• Attend Business After Hours networking events
• Booth space at annual Spooktacular community event
• Serve on a committee or as an Ambassador
• Attend member orientation (all members invited) & Coffee with the President (for new members)
• Market research tools available at Hewitt Public Library
Webinars covering a variety of topics, including economic impact reports, personal development skills & small business topics
• Ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating your business/organization
• Vendor booth at Nacho Daddy Car Show & Concert
• Advertise in weekly e-bulletin
• Sip N’ Shop vendor booth
• Annual Lead Explosion networking event – ticket or sponsor
• Supporting program sponsor–includes 1 ticket, 2 minutes of speaking time & more
• Advertise on HewittChamber.com
• Attend annual membership banquet in January
• E-blast to promote your business
• Sponsor a webinar
• Golf tournament sponsorships start at $100
• Sip N’ Shop sponsorships start at $100
• Elected Officials Reception start at $100
• First Responder Appreciation Week sponsorships start at $100
• Small Business sponsorships start at $100
• Operation Thank You sponsorships start at $100
• New Member Luncheon sponsorships start at $75
• Coffee with the President sponsorship
• Ambassador Training sponsorship
• Quarterly Shredding Event sponsorship
• Hero Day sponsorships start at $100
• National Night Out sponsorships start at $100
• Dog Day’s sponsorships start at $100
• Advertise in quarterly Hewitt Express magazine
• Banquet sponsorships start at $210
• Nacho Daddy Car Show sponsorships start at $125
• Creekside Spooktacular sponsorships start at $155
• Student of the Year sponsorships start at $200
• Logo on New Resident Welcome Bags
• Host a Business After a Hours
• Member Orientation sponsorship
• Strategic Planning sponsorship
• Board Meeting sponsorship
• Christmas Tree Lighting sponsorships start at $150
• Golf tournament player registration
Frequently Asked Questions
Who does the Greater Hewitt Chamber represent?
The Greater Hewitt Chamber is located in Hewitt, TX and its 550 member organization contains businesses and individuals of Hewitt and our surrounding cities inside McLennan County (26% Hewitt, 31% Woodway, 40 % Waco and 3% Texas/Other).
What is the application process?
Businesses and individuals will complete an online or paper application and submit dues in full. Once this has been completed, the application is presented to the board of directors for approval. The GHCOC Board meets each second Wednesday at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Hewitt from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Does the GHCOC attract visitors?
Yes! Through strategic marketing efforts including print and digital campaigns, input from committees and partnerships, we’re able to bring in over 10,000 visitors on an annual basis to showcase Hewitt’s amenities.
Do businesses outside of Hewitt join?
Yes! As the Hewitt and surrounding communities continue to grow on both the commercial and residential base, businesses in close proximity choose to be a part of the GHCOC for many reasons. First, the GHCOC caters to small business (90% of our membership is composed of businesses with less than 50 employees; over half of these have less than 30 employees). Hewitt has an attractive location, location, services and demographics when researched by others.
How much does it cost to join and what do my dues support?
Annual dues are based on the number of full-time employees (excluding owners) working for your organization. Annual dues are paid during your anniversary month each year, and 50% of the chamber’s annual operating budget and support our scholarship fund, local food pantries, Midway ISD Hunger Free, Hewitt Public Library, business development opportunities and resources for residents, businesses and visitors.
- Resident: $81 (click here for the Resident Member Application)
- 0 employees (self-employed) $212
- 1-15 employees &/or Non-profits: $228
- 16-30 employees: $262
- 31-75 employees: $350
- 76-150 employees: $400
- 151-300 employees: $575
- 301+ employees: $875
- Secondary Business/Same Owner: $200
- Additional Category: $60
- Additional Address/Location Listing: $60
Can residents be members?
Yes! Resident membership dues are $81. Benefits include your name added to our mailing lists— print and e-mail, discounted rates for our events and recognition in our annual online and printed Community Guide & Business Directory.
When are Chamber meetings?
We host an average of six – ten events per month— from ribbon-cuttings to luncheon programs to community events, festivals and more. Click here for a list of upcoming events.
It’s difficult for me to attend events. Would membership still benefit me?
We make an effort to provide a variety of convenient event times— morning, lunchtime and evening, but for those unable to attend any event, we offer webinars, videos and access to a variety of advertising and sponsorship opportunities at discounted rates. Studies show chamber membership also increases favorability with consumers. The Greater Hewitt Chamber encourages your employees to engage by volunteering at events or even serving on committees.