Maximize Your Membership: 90-Day Action Plan
While the Chamber’s Action Plan was designed with new members in mind, all members can benefit from utilizing the tips listed below.
Days 1 – 30:
- VIEW THE MEMBERSHIP ORIENTATION POWERPOINT HERE
- Add Alissa@hewittchamber.com, Misti@hewittchamber.com and Jake@hewittchamber.com to your Safe Sender email list (check junk folders)
- Review your online listing at HewittChamber.com
- Perfect your elevator speech for networking events (you should be able to tell your name and position, business name, what your business offers and your ideal referral all in 30 seconds)
- Review the online directory at HewittChamber.com & get familiar with fellow chamber members
- Attend a Chamber luncheon, breakfast or Business After Hours and set a goal of meeting three new contacts – chamber luncheons often include time for “business commercials” where members stand and introduce themselves and/or give their elevator speech
- Get social! Follow the Chamber on Twitter @HewittChamber, like the Facebook page (Facebook.com/GreaterHewittChamber) and follow the Chamber on Instagram @theGreaterHewittChamber
- Stay plugged in by getting in the habit of scanning the chamber’s weekly e-bulletin – upcoming chamber events are listed in the top left corner with links to online registration when applicable
Days 31 – 60:
- Download the memberplus app where you may refer business to fellow members, view our calendar, submit job postings and special offers, register for luncheons, workshops and breakfasts through the Events tab.
- Create a system for following up with people you meet at networking events – use an app like CamCard to import info from business cards and make notes of what you talked about, then set reminders to call/email to follow up
- Review Publication Sponsorships – the chamber prints five publications each year and has ongoing digital advertising opportunities. Click here to view the GHC’s award-winning publications, and click here for print advertising opportunities.
- Attend a Build Your Business Workshop and focus on implementing two ideas you learn there – be sure to track the results!
- Make sure your chamber sticker is displayed at your company’s front door.
- A 2012 study showed that when consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
- Sit by someone new at a chamber event
- Contact the chamber staff to schedule your ribbon cutting ceremony
Days 61 – 90:
- Review sponsorship opportunities to increase brand awareness by supporting a chamber or community event
- Get your business spotlighted in the next Hewitt Express magazine by emailing a high-resolution logo (pdf or jpg) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 100 words introducing your business to the chamber membership and greater Hewitt community (remember to include pertinent information like hours of operation, address and contact info)
- Look through the directors, ambassadors and staff pages to learn about Chamber leadership
- Review Ambassador and Committee information for leadership opportunities
- Bring your marketing materials to the depot office for new resident welcome bags (distributed through major area employers, apartment complexes and the City of Hewitt water department)
- Attend a Member Orientation (no cost, open to all members) and Coffee with the President event (no cost to attend, open to all members who have joined within 12 months of the event)