Since 1978, our mission has been to promote an environment of goodwill and prosperity among businesses, residents and civic organizations in the greater Hewitt area. We strive to foster, protect and promote the commercial, industrial, civic, agricultural and general interests of the Hewitt community. As of now, the Chamber represents 19,000 jobs and 35+ local non-profit organizations, with $60,000 awarded to local students through the Greater Hewitt Chamber Scholarship Fund since 2008.
Our office receives numerous referral requests from across Central Texas and the U.S. seeking information on businesses and organizations in our area, and our staff refers these prospects to Chamber members. Members are also encouraged to utilize our print and online directory to refer business to one another.
The #1 action you can take to see the largest return on your Chamber membership is to attend Chamber events. It only makes sense that the more you attend, the more connections you’ll make, and the greater the likelihood you’ll be top of mind for referrals. The strength of the Greater Hewitt Chamber rests in these relationships. The more members get to know one another, the stronger our Chamber, community and local economy become. Click here for our events calendar.
Members are welcome to serve on any of our committees or in the role of Chamber Ambassador. As the public face of the Chamber, ambassadors are also an extension of the board’s leadership. Ambassadors also help with member retention by reaching out to fellow members and encouraging them to attend Chamber events. For more information and/or to apply to become an Ambassador, please visit HewittChamber.com/Ambassadors. You may also visit HewittChamber.com/Committees for more information and an application to serve.
Event sponsorships are available throughout the year, allowing you to show community support while building brand awareness. Studies show that community event sponsors are viewed more favorably by customers. See more information, including current sponsorship opportunities, under the Events tab of our website.
The Greater Hewitt Chamber is a member of the Texas Association of Business, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce & The Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives Association. Our memberships to these state and national associations give us access to policy-makers and offer our members a say in legislation affecting small business.
Through networking events, the Greater Hewitt Chamber plays an active role in helping me establish relationships in our business community. Teaming with a resourceful and well-connected Greater Hewitt Chamber better positions us in achieving our mission and vision.Adam Price
My husband, Mike and I have owned Mr. Electric for 21 years, and we have been a member of the Hewitt Chamber almost that long. I became a Chamber Ambassador in 2008 and a board member in 2009. The Hewitt Chamber has been extremely helpful in promoting our business, and has offered us numerous networking opportunities and ways to market Mr. Electric. Every member is made to feel special — you will never get lost in the shuffle here!Donna Muhlman
As a member of the Greater Hewitt Chamber, I always refer to the business directory on their website. I look for other members of the Chamber for help with projects— whether they are for my home or work. The business directory is a wonderful tool, and I encourage all members of the Chamber to seek out other members when you need something. That’s what the Chamber is all about.Regina Martinez
# of Members
Average # of Events Each Year
Scholarship Dollars Awarded
Benefits by Cost
With affordable rates, we offer opportunities for every budget! In addition to these opportunities, studies also show that if customers know that your business is a member of a local chamber of commerce, you will enjoy a:
- 49% increase in your consumer favorability rating
- 73% increase in consumer awareness
- 68% increase in your local reputation
- 80% increase in the likelihood that consumers will patronize your business in the future.
FREE WITH MEMBERSHIP
• Your organization listed in print & website directories • Promote specials & events in e-bulletin & on our social media • Include items in Welcome Bags distributed to new residents (coupons, promo items, etc.) • One-time Member Spotlight in Hewitt Express magazine (new members – $260 value) • Job postings on website • Attend Business After Hours networking events • Booth space at annual Spooktacular community event • Attend annual Portraits & Pancakes networking breakfast in December • Serve on a committee or as an Ambassador • Attend member orientation (all members invited) & Coffee with the President (for new members) • Market research tools available at Hewitt Public Library sponsored by Greater Hewitt Chamber • Business photography session by Charles Turner Photography, available upon request • Attend leadership workshop series by Dr. J. Michael Godfrey, founder of True Course Life & Leadership Development • Webinars covering a variety of topics (economic impact reports, personal development, business) • Ribbon-cutting ceremony celebrating your business/organization (for new members)
- $12–$15: Attend networking luncheons & educational workshops
- $30: Vendor booth at 2018 Nacho Daddy Car Show & Concert
- $31 per week: Advertise in weekly e-bulletin
- $40: Sip ‘n Shop vendor booth
- $45: Annual Lead Explosion networking event
- $55: Supporting program sponsor–includes 1 ticket, 2 minutes of speaking time & more
- $57 per month: Advertise on HewittChamber.com
- $60: Attend annual membership banquet in January
- $77: E-blast to promote your business
- $85: Lead Explosion Networking Event sponsorship (check with Chamber staff for availability)
- $100+: Christmas Tree Lighting sponsorship
- $100+: Hewitt Public Library’s Hero Day sponsorship
- $100+: Hewitt P.D.’s National Night Out sponsorship
- $100+: Sip ‘n Shop sponsorship
- $100+: Hewitt Kiwanis Club Bass Tournament sponsorship
- $110+: Hewitt Chamber Express Classic golf tournament sponsorship
- $120: Play in Hewitt Chamber Express Classic golf tournament
- $130+: Advertise in quarterly Hewitt Express magazine
- $150+: Spooktacular Halloween event sponsorship
- $150+: Nacho Daddy Car Show & Concert sponsorship
- $200+: Hewitt Public Library’s Dog Days sponsorship
- $205+: Banquet sponsorship
- $220: Host a Business After Hours (sold out through January 2019)
- $243+: Advertise in award-winning annual printed directory
- $250: Logo recognition on resident Welcome Bags
- $550: Midway Student of the Year sponsorship
Frequently Asked Questions
My business isn’t located in Hewitt. Can I still be a member?
Yes! Our members are from all across McLennan County. By joining the Greater Hewitt Chamber, your business will benefit from promoting your goods and services to those living and working in the greater Hewitt/Woodway area.
How much does it cost to join?
Annual dues are based on the number of full-time employees (excluding owners) working for your organization:
- 0 employees (self-employed) $206
- 1-13 employees $221
- 14-50 employees $254
- 51-299 employees $291
- 300+ employees $334
- Additional listings of same ownership inside McLennan County (i.e., two locations) $57
Can residents be members?
Yes! Resident membership dues are $79. Benefits include your name added to our mailing lists— print and e-mail, discounted rates for our events and recognition in our annual online and printed Community Guide & Business Directory.
When are Chamber meetings?
We host an average of six events per month— from ribbon-cuttings to luncheon programs to community events, festivals and more. Visit HewittChamber.com/events for a list of upcoming events.
It’s difficult for me to attend events. Would membership still benefit me?
We make an effort to provide a variety of convenient event times— morning, lunchtime and evening, but for those unable to attend any event, we offer webinars and access to a variety of advertising and sponsorship opportunities at discounted rates. Studies show chamber membership also increases favorability with consumers. The Greater Hewitt Chamber encourages your employees to engage by volunteering at events or even serving on committees.
Still have questions?
Call the Chamber office at 254.666.1200. Our staff will be happy to help you!