The mission of BNI is to help members increase their business through a structured, positive and professional referral marketing program that enables them to develop meaningful, long-term relationships with quality business professionals. With over 220,000 members in 8,000-plus chapters worldwide, BNI is the world’s leading referral organization. In 2016 alone, BNI member referrals have generated $11.2 billion USD in revenue for our member businesses.
(254) 754-0315 | For more than 70 years, the Cooper Foundation has been awarding funds to make Waco a better place in which to live. Hundreds of grants and millions of dollars have been given to support the arts, education, health care, social services, historical preservation and tourism, recreation, public safety, city beautification, and feasibility surveys. The Foundation also serves an important role as convener and, at times, leader. For years Cooper has sponsored Waco Leadership Forum, which brings together the heads of important civic institutions. By convening five times a year, the Forum ensures items of common concern may be explored from a variety of perspectives. That is just one example of the many ways Cooper Foundation chooses to provide service to the Waco community.
In addition to workshop and presentation space using the latest technology, the library also offers personalized sessions using ReferenceUSA and other powerful database products. Staff can also assist in finding print and digital business books, journals and financial information. Computers with software to help small business clients start, grow and thrive can be found at the library, in addition to a new print that allows small businesses to print banners, posters and other marketing materials.
In today’s ever-changing workforce, it is important for businesses and employees to prepare for the challenges they will in face in their fields. Corporate Training at McLennan Community College offers flexible training programs and consulting services to improve both individual careers and entire businesses. Individuals may receive certification in a number of fields or take continuing education classes on the MCC campus or online. Companies may choose consultations or customized training sessions to meet their particular objectives and needs. Sessions may take place at the business or on-campus at one of MCC’s training facilities.
(254) 749-8772 | We lead the way for female executive as a NAFE affiliate. The mission of NAFE is to provide business and personal growth through education, relationship building and community resource development in an atmosphere of mutual respect and integrity. NAFE WIN meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month. We would love for you to join us.
(512) 477-6721 | TO MAKE THE TEXAS BUSINESS CLIMATE THE BEST IN THE WORLD. That is the mission of the Texas Association of Business (TAB) — Texas’ leading employer organization. Representing companies from the largest multi-national corporations to small businesses in nearly every community of our state, TAB works to improve the Texas business climate and to help make our state’s economy the strongest in the world. For more than 95 years, TAB has been on the front lines of the legislative, regulatory, and judicial battlefields, fighting for every issue that impacts business to ensure that employers’ opinions are being heard.
(254) 857 4112 | Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development. Our organization has more than 345,000 memberships. Members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 15,900 clubs in 142 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations. The world needs leaders. Leaders head families, coach teams, run businesses and mentor others. These leaders must not only accomplish, they must communicate. By regularly giving speeches, gaining feedback, leading teams and guiding others to achieve their goals in a supportive atmosphere, leaders emerge from the Toastmasters program.
(800) 827-5722 | The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. We recognize that small business is critical to our economic recovery and strength, to building America’s future, and to helping the United States compete in today’s global marketplace. Although SBA has grown and evolved in the years since it was established in 1953, the bottom line mission remains the same. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses.
(254) 640-1696 | It all started as a conversation among a small group of women friends about how energetic it is to get a group of women together. We had all previously been a part of other volunteer groups, clubs and networking/lead generating organizations, but none that could fill the role of women helping women with a focus of supporting, encouraging and empowering one another that a group of “just men” could never create. Nothing against men, but women are so powerful together! The networking capabilities, the referrals and ideas to grow your business and yourself are in this group. The humor and love that we all long for can also be found in this group. Sometimes you just have to put your heart into something and watch it grow. That’s how we got started with the Women of Waco.
Waco Prospector is a tool that can provide stats on communities within the greater Waco area including demographics, labor force, wages, consumer expenditures, housing and more.